Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Lights Shining in the Darkness


This small introduction is basically a cliffnotes version of these men. It is a good introduction but leaves much to be desired. I found it useful to me in being that it was good to get introduced and then also revisiting some of these men that I have learned in the past. The book is under 200 pages and covers men from Athanasius and Augustine all the way to Nettleton and Finney. I was shocked to see Finney in the book at first, but then as I read it was not a defense but a condemnation of his ways of "conversion." I would hope that people would read this book to at least see the fallacies of Finney's ways. I would recommend the book for the "cliffnotes" and easy read to introduce, but don't lean this book for a complete dissertation on the men and their theology. Link to buy

0 comments: