Thursday, January 4, 2007

What Angels Wish They Knew


This book reminded me a lot of "More Than a Carpenter" which I prefer over this book, because of the ways you can use "More Than a Carpenter" but this book was well put together, flows very easily and a quick read for those wanted some basic answers to the Christian faith. It goes over the basics of defending the faith to a pagan world. It uses both a presuppositional approach and also extra biblical finds to show the validaty of the Bible. The one thing that I do respect about Alistair Begg is that he does not pretend that the use of extra biblical findings will save anyone, where I think McDowell would disagree on. It seems as though Begg uses the extra biblical sources as information without leaning on them for a true "proof" of the Bible, again with my experience with McDowell, I think this is probably where they would find some differences.


As far as evangelizing, I usually use McDowell's books to answer questions but know that they will never save a soul, only the preaching of the Word and drawing of the Spirit. But McDowell's book is much more compact and a great tool to give away, and that is why I use it above Begg's.


Alistair Begg is a great teacher and pastor and this book is definitely a picture of how he teaches and that is making some hard subjects easy to understand. I would definitely listen to his sermons if you have yet to do. If you own "More Than a Carpenter" there is no need to pick up this book as they are very similar in content and defense. Link to Buy

0 comments: