Saturday, January 20, 2007

Their God is Too Small

Great starter on the subject on Open Theism, this is the logical outcome if you are an Arminian and is really a view of early Pelagianism.

The open theist to myself makes absolute no sense whatsoever, so for me the first chapter was enough to understand that I completely disagree with everything they stand for. If you have yet to study anything on Open Theism this is a great quick read to get you started.

Please read if you are an Arminian as this will show you where that thought process should and will take you...and that is Open Theism with God having to play guessing games with the human "free will." This view really questions God' sovereignty and gives all the power to the human race in deciding the future. If you are questioning how much God is sovereign check out this post and comment on any agreements or disagreements. Also, if you are in the Seattle are click here and you will see that the author of this book is coming to the area March 2007 to speak on this very subject. Link to Buy

1 Comment:

Kevin Jackson said...

I agree with you (and Ware) that Arminianism is more friendly to the Open view.

However, as an Arminian I would caution you from assuming that consistent Arminianism must lead to Open Theism. I find that condescending - a bit like you might react if an Arminian wrote a book on how Reformed theology must lead to a hyper-Calvinist view.

By the way, I love this site and your reviews - I don't mean to come across as too critical. Good stuff.

-Kevin